This 4th of July was a bittersweet one for me. There is no doubt that the United States is fundamentally changing. On the one hand, I absolutely love my country and am proud to be an American. I am proud to celebrate my country and the unique freedoms and rights that this nation has given me the opportunity to have. On the other hand, I am saddened to see that the principles and values upon which this great nation was founded are disappearing. I am heartbroken to watch as our government (along both party lines) undermines our once great Constitution. I am nervous about my country's future and my family's future in it. Thankfully, I know I am not alone here. Republicans, Democrats, Independents, and Libertarians alike are coming together (finally!), putting political parties and red/blue state colors aside to defend the American values and principles with which we were raised. It's About Time!!!So, while celebrating the USA this 4th of July, I am doing so with the hope that we are reaching that "critical mass" needed to begin turning this country back towards freedom, capitalism, and a smaller government. I hope my children will know true freedom in America and have a chance at their "American Dream." I hope they will understand the importance of voting, and of standing up proudly for their values and beliefs - especially when it's not easy.



No comments:
Post a Comment