After church on Christmas Eve, we had just enough time to set out cookies for Santa and read "The Christmas Story" before bed. This is the same story that was read to me every single Christmas Eve since I've been born. Year before last, Chet even brought Gavin up to the hospital where I was working so that I could read him the story before bed. I love traditions!
Santa Came!!! Gavin was wide-eyed Christmas morning when he saw that Santa had eaten the cookies and drank the milk that we left out for him. He must have been hungry, because he only left crumbs (just as Gavin had predicted!). Christmas is so magical when you're 4. I wish I could harness just half of the wonder and magic that I saw in my kids during Christmas time.
Gavin was all smiles Christmas morning. He must have been a good boy this year, because Santa certainly spoiled him.
Natalie had a great First Christmas. Santa brought her some hair bows and she laughed and giggled at her new toys. Gavin, always the sweet 'big brother,' shared his toys and helped her dig through her stocking and unwrap her presents. They made a great team...he would unwrap the present and she would eat the paper!After breakfast and stockings, we packed up and headed over to Gram's house where we met all of the Neucks Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. It was sweet chaos as usual.
This Christmas Day was also Gram's 60th birthday!!! By the time we arrived, the mamosa's and white russians were already flowing...Congratulations Gram!!!
The cousins all got along and had a blast playing at Gram's all day. They really are growing up so fast. Don't these two still look like trouble???




No comments:
Post a Comment