Monday, November 3, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch & Halloween

THE PUMPKIN PATCH
In mid-October, I took the kids to the farm for the afternoon to pick out pumpkins and go on a hay ride. We had a blast and Natalie actually took a nap when we got home...perfection.
Gavin under the 'Pumpkin Tree'
Sour Pumpkin

Too cute...
In search of the perfect one...
(unfortunately for me, Gavin picked out four pumpkins, but didn't really want to carry any of them)
In mid-flight leaping off the "hay mountain," as he calls it


THE FAMILY PUMPKINS
We had a great time carving pumpkins. And made a decent mess in the process, as usual. (Left to right: Mommy's, Gavin's, Natalie's, and Daddy's)
Goo...pumpkin guts!

This takes serious concentration people

Try all the spoons and utensils you want. But in the end, your hand works best.

GAVIN'S FIRST HAUNTED HOUSE
(WITH THE LIGHTS OFF)
We took Gavin to the annual Haunted House at the Children's Museum. I remember going through this haunted house when I was little. It was frightening to say the least. I'm still scarred. So, we went with Gavin during "Friendly Hours" when the lights are on and the people are "friendly." Gavin mocked the whole show and insisted on going through with the lights off. Was he nuts? Chet and I debated this for a few days and wondered if we were nuts. I figured we were welcoming nightmares and should start saving now for therapy costs down the road. We finally decided to take a leap and go back for "frightening hours." Here are some pics from Gavin's first 'real' haunted house experience.

Museum Entrance
(Gavin's standing on the railroad tracks to the 'Eerie Express')


Waiting in line and starting to get nervous. I know I was nervous.

Finally, we're at the entrance...it's dark behind those curtains
(Chet & I bickered over who had to go first. When people jump out at me and yell, I'm liable to pee my pants. And I'm supposed to be the adult here ???)

When all was said and done, Gavin loved it. Towards the end, when someone would jump out and scare us, Gavin would scream at the top of his lungs...and then laugh. "You got me!"
He was so proud of himself. It was such an accomplishment. In his mind, he went in a boy and came out a man...

Never too big to be carried out to the car, though.

HALLOWEEN
We all went Trick-Or-Treating with Grandpa and (unlike last year) Gavin was done and ready to head home after about 20 minutes. Once he had some candy in his bag, it was 'mission accomplished.' Although it was short, we all enjoyed the perfect weather and took lots of pictures.

Natalie the flower
(She had her first piece of candy (a sucker) and fell in love...)


Gavin was Scooby-Doo

I think Grandpa was hoping he'd get some candy too...
Scooby-Doo on the prowl...

Grandpa & Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment