Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Elephants On Parade !

ELEPHANTS ON PARADE

My mom won a private, behind the scenes elephant experience at a silent auction. She invited all of us grownup kids and all the grandkids to come along. I think they expected a little family of four. We paraded in as a family of 13!

We all got to tour the Elephant House and barns. We saw the kitchen and indoor housing. And, most amazingly,Tombi, a middle-aged female elephant at the Indianapolis Zoo, painted a painting on canvas for us to keep. Seriously?! I didn't even know elephants could paint.

Ahh. Yes they can...



Tombi showing off for the camera

Here she is again

Here we all are anxiously watching for Tombi to start painting


They're really soft behind the ears...who would've thought



I also took a short video of Tombi painting our picture. I'll try to post it later!

No comments:

Post a Comment