Sunday, May 31, 2009

Indy Racing

This entry is a little late, but couldn't be left out. Last month was race season in Indy, and Gavin and I were looking forward to our annual venture to the track. We even made it last year with a barely-2-month-old Natalie (she wore goofy ear plugs and slept most of the time). This year, Gavin and I were able to sneak away just the two of us for a day-long date at the Speedway's "Carb Day." The weather was perfect in the 80s (hot was an understatement), bright, and sunny.
We caught the tail end of some racing and sat in the stands
We had fun dumping water on each other to beat the heat...

Then, we met up with Uncle Wade, who shared his Pit Pass with me!!! I had never been back in the pits, and the experience was awesome. Here were some pictures I took while hanging with the VIPs during the "Pit Challenge"...

This is probably the best picture I've taken...
Danika wearing her infamous diamond race earrings. Rocked to see her in person.



Also an awesome shot...


Wade also took me to check out the garages
The, to top it all off, Wade and his girlfriend Nicole took us up to their friend's suit for some snacks, drinks, and some airconditioning. Gavin was pampered by the M&Ms, cookies, and lemonade. The view from the suit's box was awesome!

I think Gavin will always have a special spot in his heart for his Uncle Wade

Here's Wade and his girlfriend Nicole looking way too cute

"The Blimp" on our sunny day

Gavin with his crazy wet hair again...

A lovely photo we took of ourselves together before we left the Speedway

It only took about 5 minutes in the car for my little buddy to poop out...that can't be comfortable
And lastly, here's a really quick video of the cars taking a lap around turn 4. They were just going from a yellow flag to the green, so they weren't moving too fast for my camera to catch them...
Really, I just love the sound. It reminds me of all my Hoosier childhood years listening to the race on the radio and relishing in the sunshine, food, and family on those Memorial Day weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment